Sunset Beach Bar & Grill at InterContinental Bali Resort has teamed with up with 2018 International Bartenders Association in Short Cocktails, Grétar Matthiasson, to create the exclusive Sunset Cocktails Collection. Taking inspiration from the abundance of tropical fruit on the island as well as selected ingredients from his native country of Iceland, Grétar crafted unique delectable drinks with a global twist.
The mixology artist has invigorated the cocktail mix category with its high-quality standards following three principles: Eliminating high fructose syrup and unnecessary artificial ingredients; using natural fruits and juices; and developing perfectly balanced flavour profiles. The drinks also feature lighter spirits like rum and tequila that incorporate fruity and fizzy mixers as well as fresh herbs like mint and basil. Packaged in artfully designed glasses, the mixes and ingredients are available at an accessible price point.
The Sunset Cocktails Collection and their curated mixes and bar ingredients include:
1) Perfect Pineapple: tropical adaptation of his award winning cocktail (perfect peach) at the IBA world championships in 2018.
2) Green Monkey: Inspired by the monkey statues around InterContinental Bali Resort and lush greenery of Bali, and using one of Grétar’s favorite ingredients: basil.
3) Flowers on the Beach: crafted with the palate of ladies in mind, this cocktail is made of aromatic fruits, garnished with tropical flowers and served in a beautiful this stem martini glass.
4) Watermelon Forest: A simple cocktail with refreshment in mind. Grétar added a twist with bourbon whisky instead of the commonly used combination of rum. Served in a bamboo highball and garnished with plenty of mint, turn this cocktail into a tropical forest
5) Passion to Fashion: passion fruit has become extremely popular in his native Iceland, as the tropical flavor help the people escape the long winters. Slight bitterness of Amaretto (almond liqueur) gives this drink the elegance of the dominant sweet & sour flavor of the fruit. Served in a Oaked chardonnay to bring out the aromatics of Balinese passion fruit.
6) Spicy Mary: Originally conceived as a Christmas cocktail, it turned out to be one of Grétar’s most popular recipes over the years. It’s herbal, aromatic and fresh so goes well with all occasion.
“Bartending and making my own recipes is one of my biggest passions – followed closely by cooking. These two hobbies go really well together. I’m thrilled to work with the team at Sunset Bar at InterContinental Bali Resort to create this special cocktails collection and we certainly hope that people will like it”, said Grétar.
The cocktails collection is now available at Sunset Beach Bar & Grill, InterContinental Bali Resort.